As you all know, we have had a lot more time spent at home due to COVID-19. During this time, my fiancé and I have been doing a lot of cooking, and we have enjoyed having the opportunity to experiment and try new recipes that we normally do not have the time to make. This post highlights some of our favorites. I hope you and your family are staying healthy and are also able to enjoy some more time in the kitchen:
Above you can see pictures of Chicken Kabobs, Pasta Bolognese, Ribeye Steak with homemade French Fries, Tapas, Rotisserie Chicken Salad, Steak Burgers, and Philly Cheesesteak
My personal favorite: Pasta Bolognese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- Parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 lb beef ground beef chunk
- Garlic Powder
- Combine oil, butter, and chopped onion in a heavy bottomed pot. Put the pot on medium. After the onion has softened, add the chopped celery and carrot. Cook for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the ground beef and let it cook until browned. Then add some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir until combined.
- Add milk into the pot and let it simmer. Make sure to stir frequently until the milk has evaporated. Then add a dash of nutmeg.
- Then add the wine and simmer until wine has also evaporated. Then you add tomatoes. Make sure to mix everything up so it is all coated. After about 5 minutes, turn the heat to simmer and cook for about three hours. After your Bolognese sauce has simmered for approximately three hours, season to taste, and add in your favorite cooked pasta—mine is pappardelle!